This year we will be promoting the museum as a venue where outside groups may hold their meetings, parties and special events in the spring and fall. In July and August, we will be open to the public every afternoon seven days a week so that the general public may enjoy the Pump House Museum.
On certain Thursday evenings this summer we will offer live programs: (DATES And TIMES to be announced in the Spring)
Keep updated with our Events Page
- Author Lynn Austin will speak about how she writes her historical novels.
- Geoffrey Reynolds will tell us about Holland’s boat and shipbuilders.
- Authors M. Chris Byron and Tom Wilson will make two presentations – one on the dune schooner rides along the lake shore and a second one about the phenomenon of Mid-Century Modern Architecture.
- Valerie van Heest will give an illustrated lecture about the development of Holland Harbor and its lighthouses, including Big Red.
- Our educational consultant and board secretary Denise Smyk will tell us about the creative ways our history is being used to inspire and motivate students in the Holland – Zeeland area.