We are excited for the 2019 Summer season. As the start of the year progresses we will be adding the dates and refining times for the events.
Here is an overview of what is to come:
- Author Lynn Austin will speak about how she writes her historical novels.
- Geoffrey Reynolds will tell us about Holland’s boat and ship builders.
- Authors M. Chris Byron and Tom Wilson will make two presentations – one on the dune schooner rides along the
lake shoreand a second one about the phenomenon of Mid-Century Modern Architecture.
- Valerie van Heest will give an illustrated lecture about the development of Holland Harbor and its lighthouses, including Big Red.
- Our educational consultant and board secretary Denise Smyk will tell us about the creative ways our history is being used to inspire and motivate students in the Holland – Zeeland area.